I have used Santa Fe Relocation Services for my international shipment as they were the vendor that was picked by our company for shipping all our belongings from India to abroad. There are quite a few things that I learnt as part of the process and I think it is important for you all to know this so that you plan ahead of time…Let me share my review on the service provider.
What are the Good Things about Santa Fe Relocation Services ?
- They call you and ask you send all the information required depending on the country you are going to like Visa info, etc. It is pretty good, the person you speak to understand all the issues. They go through a check list.
- They are very organized in terms of the overall paperwork, they have a list for everything. It is very nice to see that they have all the experience shipping and I see quite a bit of the things covered.
- They are flexible as well, in terms of schedule, they came the extra mile and transferred me to a different partner as that was closer to airport
- They do amazing packing. None of my glass wares or porcelain was broken. They also insure your stuff, in case you break and they will cover it.
What you need to ask the Service Provider ?
- You need to check with Santa Fe, if they are delivering it in the abroad location or are they working with a partner. Very key, it will delay, if they are working with a local partner. So, you need to keep following up.
- You need factor in extra time and work with them aggressively and call them to keep things moving as the service integration is not seamless. I got my luggage delayed by a week and I had planned it one month ahead, still issues.
What are things that need to be changed or improved for Santa Fe Relocation Services ?
- One of the things they need to streamline is the service integration with the local vendor in the country outside of India. There is little coordination and I expected huge delays because they could not talk to their counterparts like InterDean locally
- It is very important to keep the reality check in perspective and update the customer regarding the same.
I think Santa Fe is a great relocation service, if they can fix these small issues around service integration with partners. I had a bad experience with the middle players…The job done by Santa Fe for packing and other things is very good and I appreciate that..
What was your experience with Santa Fe ?